Friday, January 11, 2013

Top 10 Apollo Brown Beats


Apollo Brown is one of my favourite producers in the game right now. I would describe his production style as the best elements of DJ Premier, RZA and Kanye West all rolled into one. He combines gorgeous soul samples with old school boom bap to brilliant effect, and his collaborative albums with the likes of Hassaan Mackey, O.C. and Guilty Simpson have been among the best hip hop releases in recent memory. Perhaps the crowning jewel in his catalog thus far is Gas Mask, the album he released in 2010 with his group The Left, consisting of himself, Journalist 103 and DJ Soko. I could easily create a list of my top 50 favourite Apollo productions, but I will limit myself to just 10. So without further ado, here is my top 10 favourite Apollo Brown beats:

10. Apollo Brown & Guilty Simpson - One Man


9. V Stylez - Built (feat. Kid Vishis & Kuniva)


8. DJ Soko - Stand Up (feat. Guilty Simpson & Hassaan Mackey)


7. Wordsworth - Joy & Pain


6. Apollo Brown - Hungry (feat. Rapper Big Pooh & Black Milk)


5. Boog Brown - My Love (feat. Poodie The Byz)


4. The Left - Desperation


3. Danny Brown - Contra (feat. eLZhi)


2. The Regiment - Soul To Keep


1. The Left - The Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment